My Gambling Book
July 30th Casino news ... My Gambling Book at mygamblingbook.com
MAJOR JACKPOT HIT AT SLOTLAND
A thirty-something Canadian IT professional who wishes to remain anonymous is Slotland online casino's latest progressive jackpot winner after he hit a $169,072 jackpot playing the Tikal Treasure slot game.
This is the first time the jackpot has been won by a player playing Tikal Treasure. The biggest ever was the American father who won $266,800 playing Carnival last spring. The first mobile jackpot winner won $159,357 earlier this year playing the popular Ice Queen slot on his iPhone.
The latest winner, whos been playing at Slotland for four years now, said hed been grinding away for a few hours that night, winning a little here and there, enough to keep it interesting, but nothing to get too excited about. He had several wins over $1000 that kept him playing until he suddenly hit the jackpot.
PLAYTECH COO TAKES ON RETAIL CEO POSITION
Playtech chief operating officer, Shay Segev, has been appointed chief executive officer of Playtech Retail.
Segev joined Playtech in 2006 as chief operating officer of Videobet and was appointed to serve as chief operating officer of Playtech in 2011.
Playtech's retail offer is built on its Videobet subsidiary's technology and which the company says will be used to establish a connection between retail and online operations while connecting sports betting and lottery products to local betting shops as it streams the same online content through Playtech's other platforms such as web and mobile.
I am delighted to lead Playtechs Retail arm through its next strategic phase of combining our retail and online offering," Segev commented. "The forthcoming years promise to be of great strategic and operational importance, as we embark on many initiatives to create a full turnkey solution that will allow retail businesses to transition into the digital world. Through our technology and the acquisition of Intelligent Gaming, we will enable our clients to enjoy a single ecosystem that will help them to maximise business performance across their entire offering.
BIG FISH CASINO LAUNCH LATEST SOCIAL SLOT
Casual games developer Big Fish has released its latest social slot titled "Fate's Fortune".
The slot is themed on the mysteriousness of old New Orleans and features scatters, free spins, free tickets and free gold or chips.
Fate's Fortune allows for cross-platform play across iOS and Android devices, PC and Facebook.
GAMBLING CONSULTANCY MAKES U.S.ONLINE PREDICTIONS
In an assessment of the US online gambling market prepared for the publication iGaming Business this week, the respected H2 Gambling Capital consultancy makes some interesting predictions for the region:
* This year the US i-gaming market will generate $300 million in gross win.
* That has the potential to grow to $351 million by 2015.
* There is considerable untapped potential in populous US states on both the West and East coasts.
* 58 percent of the potential value of the onshore-regulated US i-gaming market could be concentrated in just 10 states.
* The speed with which states legalise will be influenced by how major states like California, New York and Florida act going forward.
* Further legalisation beyond New Jersey, Delaware and Nevada could take as long as 2016, but by 2018 there could be up to nine additional individual states taking the intrastate legalisation route.
* With 12 states offering legalised online gambling, the gross win could be expected to soar to around $4.8 billion.
* At a predicted 4.9 percent of total onshore US gaming, the i-gaming industry is hardly a threat to the established traditional land-based industry. That compares to an average 17.7 percent in the EU, and 8.4 percent across the world.